Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our little reader


Sometimes I hear a suspicious silence as I am folding laundry that indicates Harkin is doing something she shouldn't be doing.
One of her favorite activities when I'm not looking-- drinking toilet water out of the cup we use for bath time.

Considering that this is usually the case, it melted my heart when I peered into her room today to catch her doing something else. For 10 or 15 minutes she sat quietly in her blue-polka-dot chair "reading" a teeny tiny book that one of my students once gave me (entitled: Teachers). There is no question she has been picking up some behaviors from mommy, who can often be caught reading in her chair while Harkin is hard at play :)

1 comment:

  1. so sweet. thanks for sharing this special moment. we miss sweet sparky so much.

    ReplyDelete